This page is dedicated to the latest up-to-date foreclosure filings in New Hanover County, NC. These are the foreclosures that are first filed and posted in the Courthouse Special Proceedings wall. These foreclosure proceedings are not posted on the Internet and they are not on Tulia or Zillow. I decided to keep a weekly updated list of what is posted for everybody to see without always having to visit the New Hanover County Courthouse.
The listings below will have the date and time of the foreclosure auction followed by the property’s address:
Foreclosures For Sale in New Hanover County
- March 19, 2019 / 10:00 A.M. –1314 South Lake Park Blvd # B7, Carolina Beach, NC 28428
- March 19, 2019 / 10:30 A.M. – 802 Summertree Lane, Wilmington, NC 28412
- March 19, 2019 / 12:00 P.M. –621 Windgate Drive, Wilmington, NC 28412
- March 19, 2019 / 12:00 P.M. – 10 Bahama Drive, Wrightsville Beach, NC
- March 19, 2019 / 12:00 P.M. –1100 South Fort Fisher Boulvard, Unit 1103, Kure beach, NC
- March 19, 2019 / 2:00 P.M. –441 Motts Creek Rd, Wilmington, NC 28412
- March 22, 2019 / 11:30 A.M. –400 March Oaks Drive, Wilmington, NC 28411
- March 26, 2019 / 10:00 A.M. –1024 S. 13th Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
- March 26, 2019 / 12:00 P.M. –417 Central Boulevard, Wilmington, NC 28401
- March 28, 2019 / 12:00 P.M. – 3010 Promenade Ct, Wilmington, NC 28403
- April 1, 2019 / 10:00 A.M. – 808 Little Pony Trail, Wilmington, NC 28412
- April 1, 2019 / 10:00 A.M – 910 N Fort Fisher Boulevard, Unit A, Carolina Beach, NC 28428
- April 2, 2019 / 12:00 P.M. – 904 South 4th street, Wilmington, NC 28412
- April 2, 2019 / 12:00 P.M. – 609 Manassas Drive, Wilmington, NC 28409
- April 2, 2019 / 12:00 P.M. – 8204 Beddos Drive, Wilmington, NC 28411
- April 2, 2019 / 1:00 P.M. – 500 Rivage Promenade, Wilmington, NC 28412
- April 5, 2019 / 12:00 P.M – 4435 Junction Park, Wilmington, NC
- April 9, 2019 / 1:00 P.M – 505 North 21st street, Wilmington, NC 28405
- April 16, 2019 / 10:30 A.M – 1303 Wellington Ave, Wilmington, NC 28401
- April 30, 2019 / 10:30 A.M – 3829 Worthdale Drive, Castle Hayne, NC 28429
- April 30, 2019 / 1:00 P.M – 113 Millhouse Road, Castle Hayne, NC 28429
Where Do the Auctions Take Place?
The auctions will take place on the New Hanover County Courthouse steps, which are located at 316 Princess St. Wilmington, NC 28401. If you decide to take a look at the Foreclosures yourself, they are located in the Special Proceedings Room 222.
How Do You Bid?
You will go to the specific time at the Courthouse Steps and wait for the auction to start. You will bid like a regular auction, where you go up against others who are willing to pay. Then you will bid in increments of 5%, depending on the previous bid price. If you become the winner, then you will be put on record as the highest bid so far, but the property will still be in a 10-day upset period.
If a Courthouse Steps auction has a winner, then there will still be a 10-day upset period. This means that you can keep bidding on the house if you do not win that day. After a house has the last bid then it will remain active for ten more days in case somebody else wants to bid on it. Once somebody bids on it again, then the 10-day upset period will restart and this will keep happening until the 10-day upset period expires and there is a winner. Once you are declared the winner, then you will need to contact the trustee of the property, who is an attorney. Through the attorney, you will be able to schedule the closing. The attorney will require you to put down a 5% earnest deposit or $2500; this depends on which number is greater. The earnest checks also have to be clerk checks or bank checks and cannot be personal checks
If you are not able to attend any of these auctions, then you can have a realtor bid on your behalf. I am a licensed realtor, so please let me know if you would like me to bid on your behalf. If you have any other questions about the process or foreclosures then feel free to ask.